About the course
Shore-based personnel* engaged in the transport of dangerous goods intended to be transported by sea shall be trained in the contents of dangerous goods provisions commensurate with their responsibilities. Employees shall be trained in accordance with the provisions of 1.3.1 before assuming responsibilities and shall only perform functions, for which required training has not yet been provided, under the direct supervision of a trained person. According to the IMDG Code shore-based personnel must have an IMDG Code training certificate. This E-learning IMDG code can be followed 24/7.
The online course consists of four modules:
• Module 1: General provisions, classes and packing groupss.
• Module 2: Classes, divisions, packing groups
• Module 3: Provisions concerning transport operations
• Module 4: Segregation and Safety
- Shore-based personnel such as those who:
- classify dangerous goods and identify proper shipping names of dangerous goods;
- pack dangerous goods;
- mark, label or placard dangerous goods;
- load/unload Cargo Transport Units;
- prepare transport documents for dangerous goods;
- offer dangerous goods for transport;
- accept dangerous goods for transport;
- handle dangerous goods in transport;
- prepare dangerous goods loading/stowage plans;
- load/unload dangerous goods into/from ships;
- carry dangerous goods in transport;
- enforce or survey or inspect for compliance with applicable rules and regulations; or
- are otherwise involved in the transport of dangerous goods as determined by the competent authority
A preparatory training is not required. This is a basic course of dangerous goods that can be successfully completed by anyone who works for it. Therefore, we have not provided a recommended time for the course.
Certificate and duration
The course is concluded with a test with multiple choice questions. If the student has a score of 70% or more, he or she will receive the Certificate E-learning IMDG code. The course takes about 4 hours depending on the time that is put into it. We recommend that you go through all modules at least twice, so that the knowledge stays in place.
Order this E-learning?
Indicate in the ordering process whether you are ordering the course only for yourself (ie 1 student) (indicate “individual”) or whether you are ordering for a number of students (indicate “group”). By clicking on ‘group’ you can also choose whether you also purchase the course for yourself (tick ‘enroll me’) or whether you only want to purchase the course for your employees (you leave ‘enrolll me’ empty). In the dashboard after logging in you can purchase courses and you can see how employees are progressing with their course. So you keep the overview.
Want to follow more English courses? click here.